- How do I get from the airport to Dhiffushi?
You have two options: A) you take the public ferry or B) you charter a speedboat (daytime speed boat transfer for up to 4 people is $230 one way, if you require nighttime transfer or if you are more then 4 people please enquire about the rate).
- How do I get from the airport to the ferry?
Generally we will pick you up at the airport. If you want to make your way to the ferry yourself from the airport, you must take the ferry from the Hulhulé Island Ferry Terminal to the Hulhulé Ferry Terminal in Malé (10 minutes ride). In Malé you must then make your way to the Viligili Ferry Terminal from where the ferry to Dhiffushi departs every day (except Fridays!) at 14.30 p.m.
- What can I do on the island?
Check out activities
- What is the weather on the island?
No matter what time of year you visit these sun drenched isles you can expect to find an average daily temperature of 30°C (86º F). For detailed information on the Maldivian weather see Weather on the Maldives.
- Is there air conditioning in the rooms?
Yes, there is. But we encourage our guests to only use it while in the room and don’t let it run the whole day.)
- Are there mosquitoes on the island?
Not so much in the dry season however there are mosquitoes during rain season (but there is no Malaria).
- Do I need a visa for my stay?
Only if you stay longer than 30 days. Please double check with your local authorities on travel restrictions that might apply to your nationality.
- Is there internet on the island?
Yes, we provide free WIFI for our guests.
- Do I need a vaccination for my stay?
- What currency should I bring (Rufyaa, Dollars or Euro)?
Preferably US Dollars or alternatively Maldivian Rufyaa.
- If it rains during the rainy season the whole day?
No (there are intervals throughout the day in between the sun often shines).
- Can you buy alcohol and if so at what price?
You should refrain from bringing alcohol to the Maldives, as it is strictly prohibited hence you also can’t buy alcohol on a local island.
- Do I need to bring towels?
No. We provide towels for you. However if you want you can bring a beach towel.
- Is it cold at night?
It depends. In February temperatures can drop to 5 degree Celsius at night. For detailed information on the Maldivian weather please check weather on the Maldives.
- Is casual clothing fine or do I need something else/upbeat, if we go to another island/one of the resorts?
Casual clothes are more than fine – you are awesome as you are 🙂
- Is anyone else on the island other than locals?
Yes. There are Indians, Sri Lankans, French and a Finnish engineer with his family.
- How freely can you walk around as a woman?
If adequately dressed you can walk around freely alone.
- Are there beggers on the island?
- Can I swim with a bikini?
Yes you can swim with a bikini on our beach. Only Fridays and Saturdays when there are also locals on the beach, you should wear beach shorts and a top/t-shirt.
- What should I wear on the island as a woman?
Women can wear everything from shorts and T-shirts to long floaty dresses, skirts or trousers (please do not wear transparent clothing when walking through the village).
- What should I wear on the island as a man?
Throw some serious styles in shorts and T-Shirt.
- Can I go snorkeling from the beach?
Yes, you can. But the best spots/reefs to see fish and coral are ca. 10 minutes by boat. Also check out activities.
- Can I exchange money on the island?
No but you can pay in US$. So make sure you bring US$ or local currency